Salary: Up to £43,000 (including OTE additional £5k in overtime)
Hours: 8am – 5pm
Job Type: Permanent
Location of work: 99% inside of M25
Head Office: Bishops Stortford
Call out Rota: Approximately 1 week in 7
Overtime rate: Time and a half or double time plus standby allowance of £150
- Competitive salary
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Bonus incentive schemes
- Fully equipped van less than 3 years old (Transit or similar)
- Uniform, phone, tablet, fuel card, parking credit card
- Child care voucher scheme
- Auto enrolment pension
- Training and development
- Sickness insurance scheme
- Tech desk support
- Mobile Heating, commercial pipe fitter/mechanical engineer with experience of wet system in both modern and aged large residential blocks and commercial buildings running from a central plant room. A highly varied job.
- Understanding of both gravity and pressurised, single, two pipe, ladder and district distribution systems.
- Pipe work from ½” to 4” covering galv, iron, steel, copper, plastic, composite etc., to include mapres or similar systems.
- Working knowledge of pumps, pressure and expansion vessels, DMZ valves, basic mechanical maintenance of plate exchangers, strainers, side stream filtration systems.
- Ability to fault find on building related heating, hot and cold water distribution problems.
- Works may involve emergency repairs, breaking out of walls and floors to access pipe work.
- Role will involve planned mechanical maintenance on non-electrical or gas systems, with a high proportion of reactive and quoted works, which may involve minor domestic plumbing in residential apartments, typically radiator and valve problems, crossover chasing and rectification etc.
- You must be living and authorised to work in the UK to apply for this position.
- You will also need to be living within commutable distance to Central London.
- A full UK driving licence is essential plus clear DBS check.